Everything we do for our Short Horn Red Angus Cross cattle is all natural – No hormones, no steroids, and 100% grass fed. We feel that what we feed our cattle and how we treat them leads to superior taste. The Ranch also has thousands of Kiawe trees that produce a bean that drops on the ground, which our cows love. This bean is very high in protein, which we believe gives our beef a unique mesquite molasses flavor. On the top of that, raising our animals the natural way decreases our environmental footprint.
Makaweli cattle stay on the Ranch their entire life, grazing on California and Green Panic grasses, which do well in Kauai’s tropical climate. The Ranch follows a respectful and humane harvest process to ensure the highest quality of life for our cattle, who roam freely on 25,000 acres of pristine pastures.
Our premium all-natural beef is put through both dry and wet aging processes to bring out the ultimate flavor profile and then tenderized to the utmost perfection.
Unique to the local marketplace, Makaweli can provide high volumes of our grass-fed beef to customers while maintaining the great taste and quality it is known for.
Grass Fed Beef Facts
• Grass-fed beef contains 10 times more beta-carotene than beef not raised entirely on grass
• Grass-fed beef contains three times more vitamin E than beef not raised entirely on grass
• Grass-fed beef contains three times more omega 3 fatty acids than beef not raised entirely on grass
• Grass-fed beef contains three times more CLA, or conjugated linoleic acid, a healthy fat that lowers LDL cholesterol; and lowers the risk of diabetes, heart disease, and various cancers.
• For many consumers, grass-fed beef is the only choice. Why not make it yours?
• Happy cattle equal happy customers.
(Please click on an image for a gallery view)
Consumers are increasingly requesting naturally raised grass-fed beef. The Robinson family believes in providing fresh local beef and that every person has the right to know where and how their food is produced. Makaweli Beef™ fills this growing trend and will be the “standard to expect”.